Monday, May 6, 2013

Beautiful Passion

I am blushing before I even begin this post.  This is the first devotional from Karol Ladd that I was apprehensive about blogging.  Its about sex, passion and love!   I am super private and conservative when talking about this subject but hey, if you've had a child or been pregnant the secrets out... you've had sex.  There is way more to us as women than just being a mom.  When I set out to get through this entire devotional and blog about it, the goal was to be a stronger woman and to be a stronger wife and mom.  This is one aspect to that... so, brace yourself... 

Young man: "How beautiful you are, my beloved, how beautiful! Your eyes are soft like doves." 
Young woman: "What a lovely, pleasant sight you are, my love, as we lie here on the grass, shaded by cedar trees and spreading firs."
Song of Songs 1:15-17
  
The two lovers in Song of Songs are full of love and and admiration for one another.  I can honestly admit I had never read Song of Songs before so I got out my bible this afternoon and read it... very steamy.  The lovers in Song of Songs only desire is to bring one another pleasure and the dialogue between them paints a really beautiful picture of marital love and passion.  "Ultimately, their heart and souls are joined together not just through words, but through the physical expression of their love." (Ladd)

Lucky for us, God designed sex to be more than a physical connection but also an intimate connection taking place only between a husband and wife.  It's so sad to me how the media portrays sex as a casual, no strings attached "act" that often times for others leads to heartache not happiness.  As wives (setting mommy-hood aside) and women, Karol Ladd encourages us to enjoy sex as God truly meant it, a beautiful bonding, both physically and emotionally between a man and a woman who have committed themselves to one another for life through marriage.  We're encouraged to not just see ourselves as moms but as the passionate, 'ahem' sexy women and wives we are :)    

Choices to make this week:
- This week I will choose to let my husband know how much I love and admire him, enjoy my husband physically, encourage greater intimacy with my husband.

Prayer from Karol Ladd:
"Most Holy God, I praise you for your pure and holy love toward me! Thank you for showing me what true love looks like.  Thank you for creating sex to be a beautiful connection between my husband and me.  Show me how to bring delight and pleasure to my husband.  Help me to express my respect and admiration for him.  May we grow closer to one another as, together, we grow closer to you.  In Jesus's name I pray, amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment